Wednesday, November 9, 2011

My Husband: My Constant Blessing

When I was a little kid (admittedly a nosey, little kid), probably no more than 6 years old, I found a love note my dad had written to my mom. I don’t remember it word for word, but it went something like this:
Things that are always true:
1. The sun rises in the east
2. Ice floats
3. I love you
At the time the most significant part of the note was the two cool science facts I just picked up.  (Ok, fine… I was a nosey, NERDY, little kid.) After all, I already knew my parents loved each other. What I’m realizing now as a married woman is how powerful a husband’s love can be.


When Matthew and I were dating, he told me he first realized he loved me when he saw how happy I was and he knew he wanted to make me happy for the rest of my life. He works very hard to do just that. For seven years I have lived with his patience and forgiveness, his kindness, his humor, his intelligence, his spontaneity, and his generosity. He works hard so I can stay home with our daughter and his leadership for our family shows how dedicated he is to caring for us.
Since I found my dad’s note, there are a few more things in life (besides death and taxes) I know for certain. I know that the Lord of all holds me in his hand, guides me and loves me, and forgives me daily through the blood of Christ for my countless failings. Through God’s lavish grace, I also know the certain and deep love of my precious husband, and I am most thankful for him.

2 comments:

  1. You two are truly inspirational! Thanks for sharing!
    -Dawn Peterson

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so nice, I trully belive of husband’s love can be very powerefull. I feel very blessed too...

    -CW

    ReplyDelete