Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Boxes and Spreadsheets and Shipping! Oh My!

I'm starting to get a little nervous now.  For the past few months, I've been able to think about my family's impending move to Sweden as more of a "strong possibility" than actual event.  Reluctant to make any real plans (read: spend money) until we were certain that we would actually be shipping out, I was able to romanticize the idea of living internationally rather than face the litany of tasks required to prepare for such an event. 

Well, now we're mere days away from departure and things are starting to look a lot more realistic as they pile up on my to do list.  My strong, calm, patient husband, (who balances my high-strung dependency on spreadsheets in a way that is both comforting and infuriating) dutifully loaded his car and hauled 14 boxes, 4 bags, and the mother of all packing lists into his office today to be shipped ahead of us to our new home.  His next task will be to climb into the attic and dig out our dusty suitcases so they can air out before I begin packing.

That's right.  Packing.  I guess this really is happening!

No comments:

Post a Comment